The California-Pacific Conference and its Disaster Response Task Force are seeking volunteers to work on restoring living quarters for refugees on the Claremont School of Theology campus in Claremont, California. The facility has been vacant for @10 years. Work includes bed assembling, cleaning, wall prep & painting, installing shelving and locks as skills allow. SPECIAL NEEDS: Plumbers & HVAC
Volunteers may sign up as part of a team or as individuals and be at least 16 years old.
St. Matthew’s UMC had a crew go on May 11th and another will go on May 21st. If you are interested in our expereince, what to expect or want to join us, contact us at 805-498-6910
- must wear masks, closed-toe shoes, and long sleeves as needed to complete the work.
- are preferred to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Self-attestation is requested during the RSVP.
- should bring a sack lunch. Meals will not be provided.
- may bring their own tools, but that is not required. All necessary tools and materials will be provided.
- must complete the Medical & Liability Release, and the Media Release, (both part of the RSVP form) with a signature from the volunteer (if an adult) or from a parent/guardian (if a minor).